Re: OPO: pop-up list as Master, repeater display as detail

From: Mike Kranzdorf <mikek_at_krt.com>
Date: 1996/05/28

In article <31A63917.7ADE_at_engin.umich.edu>, Megahwati Widaja <minsq_at_engin.umich.edu> wrote:

> << PROBLEM >>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Always encountering errors:
> 1. Error flushing row to database
> 2. ORA-00001: unique contraint violated
>

> Steps to get error message "ORA:1"
> 1. Run application in designer mode
> 2. Change pop-up list value from "Naster" to "Musty"
> 3. Click anywhere on the current row pointer of the repeater

You are changing the value in the master record, not fetching or going to a new master record. Since that value is the primary key, you get a unique constraint error. Remove the popup's datasource.

I don't remember if that solves the problem all by itself or if you need to add some master record navigation. If so, you can either load all of the master records at once (FetchAllImmediately I think) and then use GoPos to navigate among them, or just do a SELECT to get the new record, either one from inside the popup's postchange. Regards,

Mike Kranzdorf              mikek_at_krt.com
Kranzco Realty Trust        http://www.krt.com
Oracle Power Objects FAQ http://www.krt.com/mac/opofaq.html Received on Tue May 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message