Re: HELP: Creating a db with personal oracle 7

From: Jason Wells <jason.wells_at_tapestry.com>
Date: 1996/05/28

Wojtek Cieplak wrote:

> Valerio Giorgis wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to create a new db , with Personal Oracle 7 installed on a
> > PC (windows 3.11).
> > I follow the procedure that is described in the help file, but there is
> > a problem:
> > I run sqldba and then i type connect internal.
> > at this point I'm asked for a password. the point is that i don't know
> > what password i should provide. There is a default db that is created
> > during the installation, i tried to use both the system and the sys
> > password for that database without any success.
> >
> > Help files and release notes aren't of any help regarding this point.
> >
> > Is there anyone who could help me ??
> > what the hell is the (default) password for internal ??
> >
> > thank in advance
> >
> > sabbayou shut try password "oracle"

This is a really common complaint about Oracle. 'internal' is just another way of referring to the user 'sys.' The default password for 'sys' is 'change_on_install', so try that.

You know, if you are logged in as the operating system user that created the Oracle instance, internal shouldn't even ask you for a password. Maybe its because there are no OS users in Windows 3.11.

Jason Wells                 Tapestry Computing, Inc.       Voice: 314.344.0066
Senior Software Developer   Email:jason.wells_at_tapestry.com   Fax: 314.344.0990