Re: ODBC & VB & Stored Procedures

From: Ken North <kennorth_at_interserv.com>
Date: 1996/05/26

> Mark Edwards <100325.223_at_compuserve.com> writes:
> Vincent Wouters wrote:
> >
> > Can someone tell me how to work with Stored Procedures
> > in a VB4.0/32 environment, working wit Data Access Object.
>
> Mark Edwards wrote:
>
> I am unsure of DAO's capabilities in this area, but
> certainly ODBC can handle the calling of a stored
> procedure with output parameters.

Mark,

Good point about using ODBC's call escape sequence to execute stored procedures. To use it with DAO it is necessary to use an SQL Passthrough query (DB_SQLPASSTHROUGH option when creating a dynaset, etc.).

Ken North
author: Windows Multi-DBMS Programming

Resource Group, Inc.
2604B El Camino Real, #351
Carlsbad, CA 92008-1214
FAX: 619-729-5127
e-mail: kennorth_at_interserv.com or 71301.1306_at_compuserve.com Received on Sun May 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message