Re: Save the Report into a file

From: david n. skonieczny <dskez_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/05/26

In article <4nlck1$knf_at_explorer.csc.com>, dmarsha3_at_csc.com says...

>Group :
>
>I have a report where I need to print the report to a file . I tried to
>change all the sytem parameters and for some reason the lines are
>getting wrapped up and some of the words are getting truncated. I called
>up the Oracle support and they suggested me to start the report creation
>as character rather than bitmap. I think there would be a solution for
>this problem rather than starting from scratch. I am using Developer/2000.
>
>Any help is appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Rama
>kramakri_at_dayton.csc.com

I don't know if this is an option (you didn't mention your environment), but if you are client/server with windows/w95/NT as clients then you might try using Adobe Acrobat. Oracle has, offline of course, suggested I try to do this since I was having trouble a while back.

Of course this will require you purchasing Adobe Acrobat, quite inexpensive.  What this product does, is, it acts as a printer destination and will capture the output as an image and save it in a .pdf format ( Portable Document Format). You will then be able to print the report from Acrobat at any time. The Reader required to view such .pdf files is free and can be distributed. The captured report will be very much like what you see if you direct the output of the report to the screen in reportwriter. Also the .pdf file is searchable and non-editable and it's size is very reasonable.

Adobe Acrobat usage on the WWW is becoming increasingly popular. You may also consider this method if your report may in the future be accessible from a browser via Internet or intranet.

dave Received on Sun May 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message