Re: Suppressing glogin.sql

From: David Stark <stark_at_greenwich.com>
Date: 1996/05/23

In article <4ntkab$14c_at_nntpa.cb.att.com> lou2_at_cbnews.cb.att.com (louis.avrami..jr) writes:
>Hello,
>
> Is there a way to suppress output from glogin.sql when
>starting up sqlplus? I am writing some scripts to query various
>tables, and wish to execute them from a UNIX command-line and
>manipulate the output. I can "sed" out the output of glogin.sql,
>but it is not a very clean solution. Unfortunately, the "-s"
>option to sqlplus does not suppress glogin.sql output.

>Lou Avrami ( attmail!lavrami )

Use the Spool command in your sql to write the results to a file then perform the "sed" on the file.

ie:

spool out.file

select x from y where z;

spool off

exit

This will spool only the results of you sql to an output file, and avoid all the sqlplus login information.

--
David Stark          	  * Opinions expressed in this post are those of
stark_at_greenwich.com 	  * the author and do not in any way represent