FORMS_OLE and OLE2 Packages working with Word6

From: Juergen Hiss <juergen.hiss_at_chbs.mhs.ciba.com>
Date: 1996/05/22

I have the following problem:

When I define an ORACLE table-field of type LONG RAW and access it via Forms 4.5 I'm (at least for the moment) not able to modify that object via OLE-Automation.

The details:
I defined a Forms 4.5-item of type OLE-Container and initialized it with a (more or less empty) Word6 document.
The OLE class property of the item remained to NULL.

The next commands (behind a button) were:

forms_ole.activate_server ('ole_item_name'); doc:= forms_ole.get_interface_pointer ('ole_item_name');

Now, when I tried to send WordBasic commands to that document, e.g.

OLE2.Invoke (doc, 'Insert', arglist);

I had no success.

I think, it has to do with the OLE-Class type of the item. When I use the
OLE2.create_object (serverType)
function to create a new file-based Word document, I have to use the server-type "Word.Basic" instead of "Word.Document", otherwise I can't manipulate the document. Doing the same with the OLE-Class type of the item (=Word.Basic) the stored Word documents are no longer accessible.

Who can help me? Where's my mistake ? Received on Wed May 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message