Re: Help with Forms 4.5

From: Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/05/19

In article <4njgkf$os7_at_vivaldi.telepac.pt>, hgr_at_mail.telepac.pt (Hugo Alexandre Ribeiro) says:

>Hi!
>
>Could anyone help me with the following problem:
>
>Is there any way to create, using Developer/2000 Forms 4.5, an arbitrary number
>of check boxes (or other items) programmatically?
>I know that there are ways to change some of the properties of existing check
>boxes, but I wasn’t, until now, able to find any way to create new ones.

If I understand you correctly, then I dont think this can be done, explicitly, but you may be able to get around it: 1) you could create as many as you think you could need, and make the unneeded ones invisable (displayed=false) until they are needed - then when you want it, instead of 'creating' it, you would just make it visiable (displayed = true) the user would certainly think it was being created. Of course, this assumes you can define an upper number. (Although if you define, say, 100, then when the user reaches the max you just issue a message something like 'Max number of chekcboxes reached', and it looks like a system limit - but I cant imagine how you would layout 100 checkboxes).

2) Alternately - if you put it in a multi-record block, then creating a new checkbox would just be a 'next record' command.

HIH
Lee

  Lee Levy, ISSD Technical Dream Team, Del Code (34)   BHP Information Technology, ACN 006 476 213   PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia   PH: +61 42 75-5485 Fax: -5500 Tie: 8855-   Internet : levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au

Opinions expressed are mostly my own, so give me some credit. Received on Sun May 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message