Re: OO4O for VB 4.0 - When is it available?

From: <richu_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/05/19

In article <319CE50C.1C44_at_hbt.arch.ethz.ch> "Gabriel N. Schenker" <schenker_at_hbt.arch.ethz.ch> writes:>Hi every body,
>I am working on a huge database project. We use Oracle 7.2 on a Win NT
>Server and Visual Basic 3.0 Pro together with OO4O v1.00.55.xx. Now I
>switched to Visual Basic 4.0. But there the "Data-Control" of OO4O
>doesn't work. The oracle staff at the hotline does not give any
>information on when they will release a version of OO4O that is fully
>compatible with VB 4.0 (sometimes I think they know nothing...but the
>simplest things).
>Does any body of you out there now whether ORACLE will ever bring out a
>fully functional version of OO4O??
>Or maybe: Is the ODBC driver of Intersolv as fast as OO4O?
>Thanks in advance for any information concerning this matter...

I have been lokin into this matter,...it seems DataControl of OO40 V1 doesnt work w/ VB4...There is BETA version of OO4O v2 at the oracle web site. However, it doesnt include Datacontrol in beta version. At any rate, you can still use the dataobjects...since they use OCI, should be faster than most ODBC drivers...

Rich Received on Sun May 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message