Re: what is SQR ?

From: Peter Y. Hsing <hsing_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/05/19

Duffy:

I think we also need to mention that it is PROCEDURAL. When the other person mentions "flexible," that's an understatement. You *could* use it to replace SQL*Loader, SQL*Reportwriter, and, if your were nuts, even SQL*Forms.

When my firm switched (Big Six IT group) to SQR, we never looked at SQL*Reportwriter again, so I'm not sure if Oracle has improved upon it. SQL*Plus is still used to run only *simple* reports and ad hoc queries.

SQR has GREAT report formatting capabilities, too, although the versio nI used didn't have a "painter."

-Peter