Re: How to defragment a ORACLE database

From: Peter Y. Hsing <hsing_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/05/19

Cesar:

Assuming that the Oracle tablespaces where created on a new drive (or an unfragmented existing drive), all you need to do is to export the tables, drop the tables, and then do an import (using "compress extents" option) which creates the tables and indices. Upon re-creation, each table and index will be placed into their own extent.

-Peter