creating 2nd instance of Oracle?

From: Yuri Ludevig <WBRD34A_at_prodigy.com>
Date: 1996/05/13

I'm trying to create a second instance and database for the server that already has one. I'm running into problems already just by executing command "startup nomount pfile=(my startup file with a new sid in my directory)". It looks like Oracle is trying to read smth from the catalog of the first instance. I can't figure out why. What am I doing wrong? Manuals are pretty vague on the exact steps of creating 2nd instance. I've got a tar assigned but nobody called me back for a loooong time... Please H-E-L-P!!!
Yuri in NY   Received on Mon May 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message