Oracle 7.2 Stored Procedures and Result Sets

From: Gary Schneir <gary.schneir_at_sandiegoca.ncr.com>
Date: 1996/05/10

I heard some conflicting information regarding which version of Oracle would support Result sets in Stored Procedures.

For example I could say something like

   select s,b,c from table_xyz

without the "into " clause. Then when I run the SP, it would return all records. Sybase and MS SQLServer have supported something like this for a while and depending on who I talk to, I hear Oracle 7.2, 7.3 or 8.0 will support this type of feature. Can anyone shed any light on this.

I hope someone will be able to give me some accurate information and maybe an example or two if it is possible in 7.2

Thank you,

Gary Schneir Received on Fri May 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message