User exits

From: <Kathy>
Date: 1996/05/09

We currently are running DB version 7.16 and apps. 10.5 on a Solaris Unix Server. We are going to start developing in Forms 4.5. I have written a C program that will run on the Unix machine. It's function is to print bar code labels upon a trigger from the Forms; which will run on Windows 95. My question is, how do I code the Forms 4.5 running on a PC to invoke a C Unix process on the Solaris machine. What do I need to do on the Unix side? I've heard some mention of setting up a daemon on unix to somehow interact with Oracle pipes? This solution may not work; as I would like the printing automatically without having to wait for a daemon. Would a better answer be to have the C program run on the PC with the printer accessed remotely from the PC? What Oracle manuals do I look at to compare the alternatives. I'm new using Oracle and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy Received on Thu May 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message