Data corruption of Long fields in 7.3.2 Solaris 2.5

From: -J.MIKLEWICZ <jmjm_at_hogpf.ho.att.com>
Date: 1996/05/09

We are in the process of upgrading our 7.2.3 databases to 7.3.2. We have found that the data in our long fields is being corrupted. This happens in our existing tables and in tables created since the database was upgraded to 7.3.2. An easy way to produce the problem is:

Create a table with a couple of varchar2 columns and a long. Insert a row
select using "select col1, col2, col3 from table for update"

The data in the long will be corrupted.

Anyone else have this problem?? I'm working with Oracle support on this but if anyone else knows anything about this I would appreciate a response

Thanks,

--

Joe Miklewicz  908-949-3061  jmjm_at_hogpa.att.com