Re: SQL*NET

From: <rwoods01_at_interserv.com>
Date: 1996/05/07

> Padmanabh Krishnagiri <paduk_at_spdc.ti.com> writes:
> Anybody know how to install SQL*NET for windows on a NT machine?
> This is needed since we have some WFW software which runs well
> on NT but cannot use SQL*NET for NT though it works fine with
> SQL*NET for WFW. The problem comes up in trying to choose a
> TCP/IP vendor name during the installation process. Anybody try
> this kind of thing before. All experiences/suggestions welcome.

Oracle offers both 16-bit and 32-bit versions of their SQL*Net V2 client for Windows NT. You can have both versions installed on your NT workstation, and use both, but not simultaneously. You cannot use a 16-bit application, like Microsoft Query for Windows 3.1, to connect via the 32-bit SQL*Net driver, and conversely, you cannot use a 32-bit application, like Microsoft Query for Windows 95, to connect via the 16-bit SQL*Net driver.

Both versions are on the V2.2 Networking Bundle for Windows NT. Call Oracle Client Relations at 415-506-1500 to order it. Received on Tue May 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message