Re: SQL*NET

From: Fritz Knack <knackf_at_dstm.com>
Date: 1996/05/07

On Mon, 06 May 1996 12:24:36 -0500, Padmanabh Krishnagiri <paduk_at_spdc.ti.com> wrote:

>Anybody know how to install SQL*NET for windows on a NT machine?
>This is needed since we have some WFW software which runs well
>on NT but cannot use SQL*NET for NT though it works fine with
>SQL*NET for WFW. The problem comes up in trying to choose a
>TCP/IP vendor name during the installation process. Anybody try
>this kind of thing before. All experiences/suggestions welcome.

Do you mean Windows on Windows (WOW) client stuff running directly on the server or is it an NT workstation? If it's a server, one of the vendor choices under the (expandable) WINSOCK listing should be NT 3.51. If it's a workstation, I haven't worked with it specifically, but it ought to be the same. Good Luck.

Fritz Received on Tue May 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message