Any Advice for Converting from HP-UX 9.0x to HP-UX 10.xx

From: Mirwais Qader <mqader_at_facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: 1996/05/04

We are a little puzzled about how different a system is HP-UX 10.0 from HP-UX 9.04.

Some of the software (HP LABUX-don't ever buy it!!) that we currently have is not being upgraded to HP-UX 10.0.

Therefore, we have decided to get an ORACLE system and start migrating into it.

What are some of the major components that 10 provides that are significantly different and USEFUL from 9.x?

Are the binaries etc.. that different that we will need to have a complete system overhaul?

How long would HP possibly support 9.04?

Are we doomed if we stay on 9.04 for next 5 years?

Would we run into problems with ORACLE if we don't keep up?

Thanks for any input!
Mir Received on Sat May 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message