E-R model required to store HTML ?

From: David Ford <davidfo_at_magna.com.au>
Date: 1996/05/03

I'd like to store HTML directly in Oracle and am wondering what the E-R model required would be :

What would be the relational table layout and relations required to NATIVELY (ie not a blob) store an HTML document in a relational database ? Note that the structure below doesn't include the hierarchical enforcement that arrives with HTML, which would complicate the BNF even further...

A further question would be how quickly you could join the appropriate tables together to arrive at the HTML document again...

HTML structure is loosely:

document := <tagfield>[<tagfield>]*
<tagname> := <characters>

I hear this is much easier in an Object Oriented Database - comments ?

Any ideas ?

David Ford Received on Fri May 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message