Re: E-R model required to store HTML ?

From: Matthew M. Lih <matt.lih_at_trw.com>
Date: 1996/05/06

David Ford wrote:

> What would be the relational table layout and relations required to
> NATIVELY (ie not a blob) store an HTML document in a relational
> database ? Note that the structure below doesn't include the
> hierarchical enforcement that arrives with HTML, which would
> complicate the BNF even further...

It might help if we knew *why* you want to store the HTML in the way you describe, instead of as a long raw or varchar. My first instinct would be to set up one table with two fields, URL and CONTENT. Matthew M. Lih
Software Lead, SAIN Project
TRW Enterprise Solutions Received on Mon May 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message