Re: Oracle Support is next to useless !

From: Simon <jb85_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1996/05/03

marks_at_sensible.teleord.co.uk (Mark Styles) wrote:

>The classical music is irritating, as it sounds horrible over a phone
>line, and I have had to wait up to 20 minutes for an analyst, although
>the average is probably 5 or 10 minutes. I've noticed the response
>centre here in the UK has changed its on hold messages to tell you how
>many people are in front of you in the queue, which is quite handy.

This is the single most irritating thing about 'phoning Oracle support. Having to listen to "All analysts in this group are busy" every 2 minutes is rather annoying as well :-) The office joke is that we can't use the 'phone for the afternoon, as Simon is calling Oracle!

However, when I do get through, I have always found them to be either extremely helpful and sort me out within minutes, or they call back within a day or so. I don't think I could ask for more than that!

>One of the most dissapointing things about the response centre is the
>way they use email, I tried emailing some of my problems to them, to
>save hanging on the phone, and I received a polite reply, giving me
>a log number, and saying that someone would call me shortly, but so
>far I have not had a reply without chasing them on the telephone :-(

Can you just email the response centre without a log then? I've only ever mailed them at their request for more information on my problem, and they've been swift at returning my mail, too.

--
Simon Holt --  System Designer/DBA
** My opinions are not nescessarily those of my employers **