Re: Oracle Support is next to useless !

From: Sherri Ziegler <sherriz_at_cjnetworks.com>
Date: 1996/05/01

 <dan.nichols_at_sandiegoca.attgis.com> writes:
> >> I can't believe that I'm the only one who experiences this...
> >>
> >> Everytime I have a need to call Oracle support, the same thing
 happens.

> >> I'll get hold of an analyst (after 20 minutes of listing to classical
 music on hold - toll call yet !)

> >> The analyst will dutifully take down, verbatum, my description of the
 problem, then claim to have need to
> >> talk to an "expert". The analyst will promise to call me back, then
 nothing...for days, weeks, months.

> >> I have a TAR open that was opened in July of 1995. I get absolutely no
 response from them. If I call
> >> back, the analyst is never there, and I'm prompted to leave a message.
> >>
> >> If I call and rant and rave and complain, I'll get a duty manager who
 will apologize, and say that they have
> >> been unusually busy lately, and promise to reassign the TAR to another
 analyst.

> >> The new analyst will call...dutifully take down, verbatum, my
 description of the problem...and the whole thing
> >> starts over again.
> >>
> >> This pattern exists for Oracle Applications issues, tools, DBMS, et
 al...

> >> So...I ask you my fellow Oracle professionals. Is this just the nature
 of the beast ?
> >> Any suggestions...Am I supposed to offer bribes ?
> >>
> >> -Dan
> >>
> Yea, I understand they are in the running for the Malcolm Baldridge
National Quality Award NOT!!! We are a million plus account and rarely see our sales rep. We have a parade down main street when he comes to town. Received on Wed May 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message