Re: What #$%^& ODBC / SQLNet (32 bit)

From: <rwoods01_at_interserv.com>
Date: 1996/04/29

> janney_at_dsr.com (Sam Janney) writes:
> Have been following the discussions regarding the above subject with
> more than a passing interest.
>
> Have installed and configured all the itmes I have seen mentioned
> here.
>
> CANNOT EXECUTE STORED PROCEDURES!
>
> We are trying to upgrade an app from 16bit to 32bit and this is now
> the hard spot.
>
> I am testing the config with both our application and MSQuery32 with
> same results, ie: gives Syntax error.
>
> Current config:
>
> Client - Win-Nt v3.51
> ODBC Visigenic V2.00.00M1
> M$oft V2.50.3006
> SQLNet V2.1.3.0.0
> TCP/IP Adapter V2.1.3.0.0
>
> Server - Solaris 2.4
> SQLNet V2.2.2.0.0
> RDBMS V7.2.2.3
>
> TIA for ANY pointers/help,
>

> Sam Janney janney_at_dsr.com
> Digital Systems Research, Inc.
> San Diego, CA

I suspect your problem is that your SQL*Net client is not 32-bit. The SQL*Net client and TCP/IP adaptor should reside in c:\orant\bin (32-bit), and not in c:\orawin\bin (16-bit). I would also strongly recommend using the TNS Ping utility to verify your TCP/IP and SQL*Net setups are working correctly before throwing anything else into the mix. Received on Mon Apr 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message