Re: Oracle for Netware

From: Karl-Heinz Frankeser <kh.frankeser_at_public.ndh.com>
Date: 1996/04/29

quinton_at_feet.com wrote:

>Does anyone have any reasons why Netware may or my not be a better platform
>the Solaris or AIX? My company is currently evaluating all three platforms for
>Oracle.

I think, there could be two things to think about!

  1. My experience shows, that from Oracle the Unix-Ports are better supported than Netware. Always the release-levels under Netware are lower and oracle-stuff do not know Netware very well.
  2. Depending on your contract with Oracle, the netware solution could be cheaper, because you do not need separat SQL-Net-Products with Netware. OS/2, Dos and Windows-Clients are included in the server-product.

Greetings K.-H. Frankeser

K.-H. Frankeser KH.Frankeser_at_public.ndh.com