how to enable the use of the " n~ "?

From: G. Cristian Palma A. <gpalma_at_dcc.uchile.cl>
Date: 1996/04/28

Hi ...

One question: there is somebody that know what I have to do (which are the steps ... all :)) in order to enable the use of the letter " n~ " (egne, enne, en~e, etc. ... :)). In spanish (espan~ol :)) this letter is very important ...

(note: belong this letter to the known as "extended ASCII set"? Really I don't know, for this I ask ...)

Well, I'll be thankful for any help that you can give me

--

Pd: _ I have Oracle 7.1.4.1.0 running on SUN Solaris 2.3

_ Is it necessary "create a new database" that have this characteristic
(contain characters of the "extended ASCII" (?)). Or is sufficient set any parameters in any configuration file (which)?
_ Is it necessary do anything at SO level, parallely?
Thanks in advance Cristian