cursor question

From: Elan Halfin <ehalfin_at_bdsinc.com>
Date: 1996/04/25

Does Oracle v7.1 have a scroll cursor similar to the one in Informix? I would like to open the cursor for updating and need to a read in the full result set before doing any updates. My only reason to keep open the cursor rather than storing the rows in my application is for better performance (less data movement). Is this possible and does it make sense?

One other question. How is a BLOB (image file) >32K inserted into a table. In PL/SQL, the long raw data type is limited to 32K and I couldn't seem to make it work through SQLLOADER. I know it is possible but how?

Please email a copy of the answer. Thanks.

Elan Halfin
ehalfin_at_bdsinc.com Received on Thu Apr 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message