* NYC Internet Database Programmer Opportunities at EarthWeb!

From: Human Resources <jobs_at_earthweb.com>
Date: 1996/04/24

Hi!

EarthWeb (www.earthweb.com), the leading developer of high-end Web services, Internet commerce services, and advanced Java technologies seeks to immediately hire a number of qualified database-to-Web programmers to join our rapidly growing and highly acclaimed Advanced Internet Technologies Group. We are looking to immediately hire:

  • Director of Internet Database Development
  • Internet Database Programmer
  • Associate Internet Database Programmer

Salaries are competitive to high, based on experience and benefits package options. Benefits include rapid salary raise schedule, bonuses, stock options, flex-time, informal and high-tech work environment, health care, etc. The company is growing rapidly and has been named by Wired Magazine as "perhaps the foremost of the new high-end Internet production studios."

These are not contract or entry-level positions. We seek only the brightest and most competent individuals to join our venture. There are SIGNIFICANT upside potentials here as we are one of the leading Internet ventures in the USA and are growing rapidly.

You will work on an exciting array of next-generation Internet database projects for EarthWeb's major clients. You will be immersed in an innovative and creative environment where the most advanced new Internet techniques are being created and refined on a daily basis.

The positions start immediately (or within three weeks) and are for full-time work at our Park Ave headquarters in New York City.

***Applicants must have the qualifications listed below.***

If you qualify, please respond right away to jobs_at_earthweb.com with a text-version of your resume and a brief introduction as to your availability. You can also fax your information to Kyle at 212-725-6550. We need to fill these positions quickly.

  • Here are the qualifications we are looking for:

(1) Experience integrating relational databases with Web sites. You
should understand how to do this and have demonstrated experience successfully implementing database driven Web services.

(2) In-depth understanding of relational databases. We particularly need
certified Illustra developers. Sybase and Oracle developers who feel they can quicly learn Illustra are also welcome to apply.

(3) Solid background in database administration so that you can help tune
databases that you create as usage increases.

(4) Database design expertise; in other words, you need to be expert at
designing and building efficient databases for large user-bases from scratch.

(5) C/C++ fluency so that you can write extensions and functions as needed.

(6) Fluency working in both Unix and PC environments. Must be able to
develop databases that run on Unix servers.

(7) Fluency in HTML if possible. All of our applications use HTML front
ends which are often built-on the fly from databases.

(8) US citizen or green-card status able to start work immediately.

Also, if you have experience with Perl/CGI, Java, and JavaScript, that would be helpful but is not required.

  • Again, if you qualify, please email your text-version resume to jobs_at_earthweb.com or fax it to Kyle at 212-725-6550