Re: Working with U.S. Zip Codes

From: Terry Pierce <piercet_at_admin.son.uab.edu>
Date: 1996/04/23

Amit Bansal wrote:
> I am told by my users
> that each states zip starts with a specific number ( like 9 for CA) and I am
> using that as the validation criteria.

> Amit Bansal

Not true. I grew up in Washington State and we had the 99218, 99208, 99216 etc zip codes. Unless you are using the first digit to define a region (ie: 9=WA, OR, CA, NV), then your data will be incorrect.

TERRY PIERCE                  ||   piercet_at_admin.son.uab.edu
UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA         ||   tpierce_at_wwisp.com
SCHOOL OF NURSING             ||   all opinions are mine alone