Re: Oracle Parallel Server(OPS)

From: David Gurr <davidgu_at_sco.com>
Date: 1996/04/19

Basically, OPS provides for fault-tolerant and multiprocessing operation on a cluster of machines.

Oracle and DEC recently turned in an astonishing TPC-C result with OPS running on a cluster of (I think) 4 DEC Alphas.

Oracle and SCO will (sometime soon) be announcing OPS running on a cluster of SCO UnixWare systems. This was demonstrated on 4 Compaq ProLiant 4500s (each with 4 x Pentium 166MHz) at the European Oracle User Group conference in Amsterdam.

The key benefits of the OPS and cluster approach is that it gives you all the benfits of hot-standby operation, but actually uses the processing power of all systems in the cluster. Hot-standby uses only one system, the other sitting idle 99.9% of the time.

leppanie wrote:

> Hello !!
>
> I am heard something about Oracle Parallel Server(OPS) product, it sound's rather interesting.
>
> If somebody has experienced with this product, I am very interested to hear Your
> opinions(positive/negative details). Also, if You can explain your platform, where You are
> using this product.
>
> I was surprised, when I don't find out anything about OPS from News, but maybe YOU CAN correct this one !!
>
> -jouko

David Gurr				Tel:   (+44) (0)1923 813548
					Fax:   (+44) (0)1923 813812
SCO Europe, Middle East & Africa	Mobile:(+44) (0)468  106690
Stockley Park, Uxbridge, UK		Email: davidgu_at_sco.com
					WWW:   http://www.sco.com/