Re: SYSDBA and SYSOPER in ServerManager 4 windows

From: Mike Silverman <silverm_at_cc.umanitoba.ca>
Date: 1996/04/19

In article <4kv1cp$hqh_at_news.accent.net>, dallaire_at_megatoon.com says...

>Hi,
>
>What userid and password am I supposed to use in order to connect as
>SYSDBA in ServerManager for Windows ? I'm trying to startup or
>shutdown a database running on a Digital UNIX server.
>
>I tried the SYSTEM/xxxxxxx username password, but I can only connect
>as NORMAL and cannot shutdown or startup the database. Is that
>possible ?
>
> Thanks
>Guy Dallaire
>Groupe DMR Inc.
>dallaire_at_megatoon.com
>
>P.S. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer

If you want to startup and shutdown the database from Server Manager in Windows you need only connect up as internal. You can do this over SQL*NET V1 as "nornmal", SYSDBA and SYSOPER are not necessary for this operation.

i.e.	username: internal
	password: internalpass
	connect : t:host:SID

Mike Silverman  -  Lab Technician   |  E-Mail silverm_at_cc.umanitoba.ca  |
Continuing Education Division       |  FAX:  (204) 942-8308            |
Univeristy of Manitoba, Downtown    |  BUS:  (204) 982-4223            |
Authorized Novell, Oracle, SCO Unix and Microsoft Education Center     |
http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/con_ed/it/                           |