Re: help on ora-3113 !!

From: Guy Dallaire <dallaire_at_megatoon.com>
Date: 1996/04/18

tgp_at_iglou2.iglou.com (Terry G. Phelps) wrote:

>txu_at_softart.com writes:

>I'm running 7.1.6 on AIX, with clients running SQLNET 1 under Windows. After
>a long time of no problems, we started getting 3113 errors today. They are
>happening to both processes that run on the server, AND to client PCs.
>The message says "end of file on communications channel", whatever that
>means.

We once had that kind of problem. It was due to a limitation of SQL Net not being able to send something longer that 32768 bytes on the "wire". Maybe you try to send or receive too much data via Sql*Net.

Guy Dallaire
Groupe DMR Inc.
dallaire_at_megatoon.com

P.S. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer Received on Thu Apr 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message