Re: Slooow Import

From: Bjarne Ebsen <be_at_cci.dk>
Date: 1996/04/19

Steven Kang wrote:

> If you are importing a table with indexes, this is what makes it very
> slow.

> Try doing an import with option INDEXFILE={filename}.
> This will import your tables without creating indexes. The above
> parameter will make IMP create a script containing the index statements
> which you can run after the import is finished. This should help a lot.

This does not work with Oracle 7.1.6 under SUN Solaris. Import with option INDEXFILE={filename} creates a script with the index statements correct, but the data tables are not imported, they are only scanned for the indexes.

According the Oracle hotline support import should work in the following way: First the data table is imported and then the index is added. ????? I do not known if I belive this, because import is real slow.

Bjarne Ebsen
be_at_cci.dk Received on Fri Apr 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message