Re: 32bit ODBC Drivers for Oracle avail?

From: Roger Austin <R.Austin_at_ioh.ac.uk>
Date: 1996/04/18

mwagoner_at_iac.net (Mark Wagoner) wrote

> ctraxler_at_netcom.com (Craig T. Traxler) wrote:
>
> >Are there any drivers available yet for Oracle under 32 bit ODBC. I am
> >targeting NT as my workstation and need to get information into Excel.
> There are 32-bit versions from Visigenics and Intersolv, although I
> think the Intersolv drivers are a little better.

You could also try the Openlink Lite drivers: the final beta versions are available from www.openlink.co.uk or (I think) www.openlinksw.com

I have seen one or two postings about memory leaks with the Visigenic driver that shipped with MSVC 4.0, and when I've used it with Microsoft Query, I've found it doesn't support the drop-down list of table owners. However, it is (as I understand it) freely redistributable, and I imagine there will be a more reliable version available soon.

--
Roger Austin
<R.Austin_at_ioh.ac.uk>