Re: Audit user conections

From: Bob Poortinga <bobp_at_tsc.com>
Date: 1996/04/18

Artur Akerman <akermana_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to keep a log of all the users connectiong to the
> database ? We want to monitor database usage...

Just enable auditing in your init.ora file, restart your instance, start SQLDBA, connect internal and issue 'AUDIT CONNECT;'

See the Oracle7 Server Administrators Guide and Oracle7 Server SQL Language Reference Manual for particulars.

Warning! This command can generate a lot of data if you have a busy database.

--
Bob Poortinga (mailto:bobp_at_tsc.com http://www.tsc.com/~bobp)
Technology Service Corp. (http://www.tsc.com/)