Re: SYSDBA and SYSOPER in ServerManager 4 windows

From: David J. DeWolfe <sxdjd_at_orca.alaska.edu>
Date: 1996/04/17

Hi;

The password is the password you specified when you used the orapwd utility to create your password file, as in: orapwd file=xxxxx password=yyyyyy entries=99. You can also grant sysdba or sysoper to individual accounts (grant sysdba to joe) and then connect (via svrmgr or whatever) as sysdba using that account.

>What userid and password am I supposed to use in order to connect as
>SYSDBA in ServerManager for Windows ? I'm trying to startup or
>shutdown a database running on a Digital UNIX server.
>
>I tried the SYSTEM/xxxxxxx username password, but I can only connect
>as NORMAL and cannot shutdown or startup the database. Is that
>possible ?

select * from v$pwfile_users to see who has sysdba and/or sysoper privs.

David DeWolfe
Systems Programmer III
Statewide Office of Information Services University of Alaska
<sxdjd_at_orca.alaska.edu> Received on Wed Apr 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message