Re: Oracle-Web Interface ??

From: Albert Bupp <albert_at_putney.net>
Date: 1996/04/16

Atul Batra wrote:

> I am looking for a convenient way to interface Oracle ( SQL or PL/SQL) to
> the Web. Currently, the only method I know of is to use PRO*C code that
> gets its input from 'post-it' forms, a rather slow setup. Oracle WebSystem
> seems to fitin but I guess it is too expensive. Any advice/suggestion
> would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Atul Batra
> Louisiana State University

Atul,

Check out Cold Fusion: http://www.allaire.com It runs on NT as a service and uses ODBC to talk to SQL compliant dbs on the backend. They've implemented extensions to html which are processed by their cgi program. It allows for dynamic html generation based on run-time database queries, including rudimentary processing directives such as if/else blocks and goto types of flow control btw files. The system goes for $500.

Cheers, Albert