Re: Initiating Oracle stored procedures through ODBC

From: Ken North <kennorth_at_interserv.com>
Date: 1996/04/14

> mudhens_at_cyberramp.net (richard castorena) writes:
> I am currently using MS Access 2.0 to access a Oracle 7.1 database
> using ODBC. I would like to be able to initiate an Oracle stored
> procedure from Access. The only thing I can think of is to use a SQL
> pass-through query to kick it off.

ODBC supports escape clauses that let you write SQL statements that are independent of the syntax required by the back end. The driver translates the interoperable format into the correct native format.

For stored procedures use:

{call myprocedure(myparm)}

where myprocedure is the procedure name and myparm is a parameter name. For more information about ODBC SQL pick up a copy of 'ODBC Programmer's Reference' from Microsoft Press.

Ken North
author: Windows Multi-DBMS Programming

Resource Group, Inc.
2604B El Camino Real, #351
Carlsbad, CA 92008-1214
FAX: 619-729-5127
e-mail: kennorth_at_interserv.com or 71301.1306_at_compuserve.com Received on Sun Apr 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message