Initiating Oracle stored procedures through ODBC

From: richard castorena <mudhens_at_cyberramp.net>
Date: 1996/04/14

I am currently using MS Access 2.0 to access a Oracle 7.1 database using ODBC. I would like to be able to initiate an Oracle stored procedure from Access. The only thing I can think of is to use a SQL pass-through query to kick it off.

I have tried sending "exec procedure_name" but it always returns invalid SQL statement. I guess it is expecting something using a Select clause. BTW, I have successfully created other pass-through queries so there isn't a problem with the connecting to Oracle.

Any help would be appreciated. Please e-mail me at mudhens_at_cyberrramp.net

Thanks, Richard Castorena Received on Sun Apr 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message