Re: PGA Memory Leak

From: R.A. van Geleuken <roald_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1996/04/14

Doug Wigley wrote:

> Please let me know what a 'MEMORY LEAK' is
> and/or how it applies to my Oracle database when I have trace
> files showing 'PGA memory leak detected'
> PLEASE!!!
> The short version would be fine.
>
> wigley_at_ltec.net

I haven't seen this myself, but I have heard of it. It seems that a memory leak indicates that Oracle doesn't free up space allocated in the PGA, so that the available amount of memory decreases. No solutions as of yet, short of sutting down and restarting.

Roald

| R.A. van Geleuken                     roald_at_xs4all.nl |
| There's no such thing as impossibility, only          |
| extremely low chance                                  |