Re: Connecting to ops$ account

From: <dba_at_sdc.com>
Date: 1996/04/14

Peter H. Larsen wrote:
snip...

> Only if you know the Guys password. Even OPS$ accounts have RDBMS passwords.

snip...

Actually, OPS$ accounts may not have RDBMS passwords. If they are created with the clause "identified externally" then there is no RDBMS password. If it was me, I would grant a password to ops$fred, then "connect ops$fred/password". Once I had done what needed to be done to fred's account, I would return to the dba account and "grant connect to ops$fred identified externally". Good luck. Received on Sun Apr 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message