Oracle Media Objects

From: Robert Larkin <rlarkin_at_owl.csusm.edu>
Date: 1996/04/11

Please forgive me if this is the wrong group.... and please direct me to the proper news groups. Many thanks in advance. Anyway here goes.....

I have two related problems I am trying to resolve in OMO without having to write XCMDs (so as to maintain plug and play between Mac and Windows). I want to be able to easily batch process file lists, preferably by type. The 'ask file' command does this on a file by file basis, but what I want to do is: 1.) Create a source list of the active directory, create a destination list of the selected files, removing the files from the source list, and have the source list be able to change directories. and 2.) I would like to be able search a volume and return all the paths/file names of a certain file type. These seem like simple tasks at a DOS prompt or the Macintosh Finder, but within OMO script, I haven't a clue.

Thanks for your support,

Robert G. Larkin II Received on Thu Apr 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message