Re: Oracle 7.2

From: Sanjay D.S. <sanjay_at_fsg.prusec.com>
Date: 1996/04/11

SES <sespltd_at_po.pacific.net.sg> wrote:
>Hi, I just install Oracle 7.2 Server on NT.
>I created a table and saved it.
>However when I viewed the table, I discovered that all the tablenames
>and fieldnames have changed into uppercase
>even when I specified them in lowercase.
>Can someone pls tell me how to get them in lowercase.

To create tables in oracle with case-sensitive names use double quotes to enclose the table_name in create table sql statement. For example: create table "t1" (col_1 number,........);

Sanjay D.S.
Oracle Consultant
Prudential Securities, Inc. Received on Thu Apr 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message