Re: Oracle & Windows '95

From: Rmasonjr <rmasonjr_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/04/11

In article <4kj2vb$hco$1_at_mhafc.production.compuserve.com>, John <102336.1540_at_CompuServe.COM> writes:

>Hello All...
>
>Can someone please answer the following questions for me:
>
> Can someone please tell me if Oracle has a version that
> will run under Windows '95?

I loaded Personal Oracle 7 for Win95 - very nice. You can get a 90-day eval
copy off their web site (www.oracle.com)

> System requirements for Oracle running under Windows '95
> or Windows NT.

As you probably already know, be careful about NT! We use the DEC Alpha version
of NT and Oracle will *specifically* not install on this version (3.51). As for Win95,
PO7 runs fine on my 5/90 with 16 megs of RAM.

> Differences btwn SQL and Oracle?

I'm pretty new to Oracle and SQL but... SQL is the interface that drives your database
with respect to queries, updates, inserts, deletes, etc. Oracle manages the database
itself with respect to the relational links and overall integrity.

Rob Mason
rmasonjr_at_aol.com

Rob Mason
rmasonjr_at_aol.com Received on Thu Apr 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message