Re: New tablespace, new user with full access to tablespace?

From: Sean Michael Dillon <sdillon_at_surfsouth.com>
Date: 1996/04/10

mlanda_at_vnet.ibm.com wrote:

> In <316BB00A.35BC_at_larix.com>, danny de bie <danny_at_larix.com> writes:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'd like to create a new tablespace and a single new user. I want
> >to limit the new user's access to the single new tablespace, and I
> >want him to be able to do anything in this tablespace.
> >
> >This may be a FAQ, or just a TSQ (Terminally Stupid Question), but
> >I can not find any doc on how to accomplish this.
> >
> >Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance!
> >

> >- Danny
>
> 1) Tablespace example:
>
> CREATE TABLESPACE user1
> DATAFILE '\your_path\user1.ora' SIZE xxM
> DEFAULT STORAGE (INITIAL xxK NEXT xxK MINEXTENTS x MAXEXTENTS xxx);
>
> fill in the xx part with your default size and storage parameters.
>
> 2) Create the user, make tablespace user1 default, give the user a profile,
> grant the user resource on tablespace user1.
>
> GRANT CONNECT TO TEST IDENTIFIED BY EXAMPLE;
> ALTER USER TEST DEFAULT TABLESPACE user1 TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP_TS;
> ALTER USER TEST PROFILE <your profile>;
> GRANT RESOURCE TO TEST;
>
> <your profile> should be replaced with a profile you created or set to
> Default.
>
> See the Administrator's Guide for more info.
>
> M.Landa

Doesn't 'GRANT RESOURCE TO TEST' then give that user RESOURCE authority on any tablespace. I wasn't aware the RESOURCE privelege was restricted to a user's default tablespace.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, and where can I find it in the Administrator's Guide?

r/s

Sean Michael Dillon
DBA / Technical Team Leader
ATLASS Branch, United States Marine Corps Received on Wed Apr 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message