Re: New tablespace, new user with full access to tablespace?

From: <mlanda_at_vnet.ibm.com>
Date: 1996/04/10

In <316BB00A.35BC_at_larix.com>, danny de bie <danny_at_larix.com> writes:
>Hi,
>
>I'd like to create a new tablespace and a single new user. I want
>to limit the new user's access to the single new tablespace, and I
>want him to be able to do anything in this tablespace.
>
>This may be a FAQ, or just a TSQ (Terminally Stupid Question), but
>I can not find any doc on how to accomplish this.
>
>Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance!
>

>- Danny

  1. Tablespace example:

CREATE TABLESPACE user1
DATAFILE '\your_path\user1.ora' SIZE xxM DEFAULT STORAGE (INITIAL xxK NEXT xxK MINEXTENTS x MAXEXTENTS xxx);

fill in the xx part with your default size and storage parameters.

2) Create the user, make tablespace user1 default, give the user a profile,

   grant the user resource on tablespace user1.

GRANT CONNECT TO TEST IDENTIFIED BY EXAMPLE; ALTER USER TEST DEFAULT TABLESPACE user1 TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP_TS; ALTER USER TEST PROFILE <your profile>;
GRANT RESOURCE TO TEST;
<your profile> should be replaced with a profile you created or set to Default.

See the Administrator's Guide for more info.

M.Landa Received on Wed Apr 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message