Q: Oracle OCI and shared libraries

From: Doron Sherman <dorons_at_w3spider.com>
Date: 1996/04/09

My question is as follows:

I'm a 3rd-party software developer who develops an application that talks to an Oracle 7 database. Oracle ships only static libraries which are pretty large and we try to avoid linking it to the program executable in order not to penalize users who connect to other DBs. I would like to know if Oracle ships shared libraries for 3rd-part developers and if these libraries can be shipped with our software to the end-user.

Response to my email address will be appreciated.

Doron\

dorons_at_w3spider.com