Re: Beginners PO7 Questions

From: john elemans <jelemans_at_aurora-net.com>
Date: 1996/04/03

I am just starting with PO7 Mac, too. I was wondering if you got the demo running?

When I run SQL*Plus, I get this error message; ERROR: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-09243: smsget: error attaching to SGA OSD-02042: the SGA is invalid or is not present

And I can't even do the simple exercises that they have.

BTW: When that error occurs, I *do* have oracle running, I can see it in my process list.

Any suggestions?

As to your question, it seems to me that the intention is that all the tables are indeed stored
in one database file. I did see a reference for information about making a new database,
but it also said that for now it suggested working with the demonstration database and using
it as the basis from which to build your own database (ie-by adding tables and views directly
to the demo database).

Hope that helps!
je