Re: DBA - Archivelog suspend

From: Dana M. RIley <Dana.Riley_at_sdrc.com>
Date: 1996/04/02

I had a similar situation where I had a large batch job which created a number of temporary tables which were causing a large number of needless archive logs. The way I worked around it was to create a second database on the same machine, create a public database link to my original database, and create public synonyms to the individual tables which I needed. I then ran the batch jobs against that database, and only the changes made to the base tables, which I wanted to keep anyway, were placed into the archive logs.

This also had the advantage of allowing me to have larger rollback segments, and tuning for this database versus my base transaction database. Received on Tue Apr 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message