Re: OPO: How to know if a form is already open?

From: Peter Yamamoto <pjyamamo_at_daisy.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: 1996/03/29

In article <ericth-2603961650280001_at_204.19.33.128>, Eric Therrien <ericth_at_montrealnet.ca> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've looked throught the OPO doc and online help, but didn't find if it
>was possible to know if a specific form is open. The reason I want to do
>that, is that I have a form that add rows to a table, and when changes are
>commited, I want to update a repeater that show data from that table, that
>is contained in another open (or maybe not) form.
>
>I know I could do something like this in my form that add rows in the
>PostUpdate() method:
>
> inherited.PostUdpdate()
>
> frmThatIsShowedOrNot.Repeater.Query()
>
>But that would force the other form to be loaded, if it wasn't, and,
>uselessy, run a Query on my database... I just was wondering if there was
>a way to know if I have to update or not...

BUG 339230 Enhancmenet request to add support to cause a form to minimize, maximize, restore, ..., and find the current state of the window.

A couple of other window status enhancements are also noted in the bug list that was posted.

Peter

--
Peter Yamamoto                     CS   Phone: +1 519-888-4567 x3299
University of Waterloo             MFCF Phone: +1 519-888-4567 x6488