Re: PVCS, MKS, or ClearCase with Dev2000 and VB

From: Phil Britton <pbritton_at_de.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/03/28

Richard Bennett <richhb_at_sequent.com> wrote:

>We are in the process of evaluating PVCS, MKS, Source Safe, and
>ClearCase for managing our the source code for our Win3.11/95/NT

I used MKS on a project for a year. It intergrates well in the File Manager in WIn 3.11 and also fits itself into the Visual C++ (1.5), Borland C++(4.5) and Visual basic (3.0) IDE very well. I does need a bit of fiddling with the configuration files from soemone whose knows what they are doing but once it's installed even PC developers, who dont't even know what source code control is, can use it quite easily. I don't know if there is a 32 bit version yet. For Unix types it also has a command line mode which is very similar to the standard RCS. I liked it and would recommend it.

Phil

Phil Britton, 				    #The opinions here are mine.
Oracle Deutschland GMBH			      #If you want to know what Oracle
Consulting, Hamburg.			      #thinks, mail Larry Ellison with
+49 (040) 89091-209			      #your new internet terminal.
pbritton_at_de.oracle.com (business + fast )     #What? you mean you haven't got
phbritton_at_mail.hh.provi.de (private and slow) #one? Well, have I got a deal...   Received on Thu Mar 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message