latch waited dbwr

From: Valerie Groomes <70713.2270_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/03/28

Has anyone had a problem with latch waits on the database writer? We're having a problem with the database writer becoming latch waited; it looks like it's waiting on datablocks. A number of the users also become latch waited and noone can work in the database. To correct the problem we have to shutdown abort the database and have to reboot the system because the dbwr process goes into a 'zombie' state and can't be killed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. We have a call into ORACLE Support but you know how that goes.

Our environment is: A HP T500 system with 6 cpus, oracle 7.2.2, 120-230 processes in the database, ~200 concurrent users, 4 databases on the system with 1 large production system.

Thanks...

Val Received on Thu Mar 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message